Friday, September 21, 2012

Reboot update

I guess it's a good thing I've been too busy to post updates.
I have been waking up at 7 all week, but not necessarily because of my schedule...it's more because Joshua decided suddenly that 7 is the best time in the world to wake up. Boo. The whole idea was to be up before Joshua to have some quiet time to eat, read my scriptures, and get ready for the gym. Now 7am - 8am (sometimes 8:30) consists of me waking up to screaming and pounding on the door to his room, or his persistent "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom.....mom, mom, mom?" (usually the former) until I let him out of his room and then I hand him a banana, throw him in our bed, turn on Cars, and sleep through as much of the movie as possible.
I have been doing great at exercising though, as my sore muscles will tell you. Last week and this week I have exercised 4 of 6 days planned: a mix of swimming, running, stationary bike, road bike with trailer, and weights.
I hope to do some water running next week, which I haven't done since high school XC. I'm super excited!
Joshua has been doing great at the gym child care, and I have loved being able to shower and dress in peace, even if it is in a tiny shower in a locker room.
I still need to work on other aspects of my new schedule, but I didn't really expect to master it in 1 or even 2 weeks. It shall always be a work in progress.

No comments: