Friday, April 1, 2011

3 Months Old!

Picnik collage All-text by gooberdiva13

Here's a collage I made on Picnik of some pictures I took of Joshua today. He's technically 3 months and 5 days, but who's counting?!

Stats: I haven't measured how long he is lately, and that's going to have to wait because he's currently drifting off to dreamland for his final nap of the day (see sleep, below). I did the weigh-yourself-then-weigh-yourself-holding-baby-then-subtract trick today and it equaled 15.5 lbs! I'm guessing it's a little off though. I guess we'll see next month how much he really weighs at his next doctor appointment.

Eat: There's not much to report in this area. He's still breast-feeding. He still eats every 2 to 3 hours during the day and 1 to 3 times at night. He's obviously getting bigger, so it must be working.

Sleep: He takes a 40 to 50 minute (sometimes up to an hour and 15 minute) nap after being awake for an hour and a half or so. At night he gets a bath as late as I can push it (between 8:30 and 9:30 usually) and then usually sleeps a good long 6 to 9 hour shift followed by 2 to 3 hour shifts until about 9am. The biggest update is he's sleeping without being swaddled now! (as of about a week ago).

Poop: Nothing to report.

Other: He sucks on his hands a lot now, and likes to look around a lot more. He hates being in the Baby Bjorn facing me because he can't see anything. He can sit up well in the Bumbo now, and loves to sit on my lap and he still loves the cow chair, too. If he gets really upset and nothing will calm him, the swing will usually do the trick. We don't do a ton of tummy time, so he isn't rolling or anything, however today I put him on his back on the ground while I threw a load of laundry in, and I came back and he had turned 45 degrees. His favorite toy is his burp cloth. He doesn't really grab for anything else, but once that burp cloth is on his lap, he pulls it right up to his mouth to chew on.

Today was a great day without too much screaming (on either of our parts...me, into a pillow, of course). Even on days that don't go so well, I love toting him around with me everywhere. He is seriously the cutest thing I've ever known.

4 comments:

Selena said...

goodness! he is getting so big so fast!

Joslyn said...

love it. Glad you take a lot of pics. Promise you'll keep doing that with all your kids?? (i have middle child syndrome where there are millions of my oldest and youngest brothers and NO pics of me till I'm 2)

Smart Helm said...

Congrats to Joshua :-)

sorham said...

He is SUCH a pretty baby!!!