Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Crick

The last little while I've had a crick in my neck and my whole left side from the top of my spine, out to my shoulder, and down behind my shoulder blade. I blame it on nursing and holding Joshua all the time. But it's probably also from simply bad posture.

Since it has been hurting on my left, I've been stretching my left side of my neck, shoulder, pec, etc. to no avail. Last weekend I went to a Women's Expo/Fair thing with some friends and we stopped by a chiropractor's booth. I had the straightest neck, but I had the tightest muscles (we got free neck massages...heavenly). I noticed that the massage therapist worked mostly on my right side, and yesterday I noticed that I always seem to have my head tipped or turned slightly to the right.

I put two and two together and realized that I need to be stretching my right side to get my left side to stop hurting. As I type this, I am looking more to my left, and as I do other things throughout the day I try to pull my shoulders down, tip my head a bit to the left, and stretch my right muscles. At night I try to sleep with my head facing the left whether I'm on my tummy or my back.

Hopefully all that will help me have better posture and help my neck and shoulder stop hurting. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: