Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Thursday, May 9, 2013
I made cookies for the book club meeting I was hosting on Wednesday. I added a bit too much flour and so they are really dense, small, odd-shaped cookies, but you can't really go terribly wrong with butter, sugar, chocolate chips, eggs, baking powder, salt, and flour. I have a bag of the leftovers and joshua kept pointing to it and saying "I want this!" Naturally I figured he wanted a cookie. That's what most people would think, right? Well after he ate a cookie he kept pointing and exclaiming, so I asked if he wanted another cookie. "No." Ok....later I asked him again if he wanted a cookie (yes, I only feed my child cookies) and he said, "no, bread!" He hadn't wanted the cookies. The whole time he was wanting the piece of bread in the bag that was keeping the cookies soft. Go figure.
Thursday, May 2, 2013
Today was our 5th anniversary! It's crazy how fast those 5 years have flown by. We celebrated by not seeing each other more than 45 minutes, all of which I spent showering and getting ready to go. I did get our rings out of the jewelry box so we could be married again though (we left them home from our cruise).
The reason we didn't see each other was because I went to women's conference! It was amazing and I loved all the classes I went to. I'll post my favorite insights another time.
Joshua went to go play with Opa, Nathaneal, and Scott (or "Opa, Aniel, Cott" as he called them) and had a fun time. He went right down for bed tonight (didn't even get out of bed once!) and he even napped a good 3 hours at Grandma and Opa's house. Dave stopped by to put him down for his nap before he headed to work.
It's amazing how exhausting sitting in classes all day is. I'm plumb tuckered out.
So I can't sleep now. Here are other reasons I can't sleep:
- I'm too cold! Dave is my heater, and he is at work. I get so cold at night, and Dave always just radiates heat. Since he works most nights I've had to (can't think of the word I mean...has 3 syllables, ends in -ise, not customize...) IMPROVISE! I have 4 rice bags that I warm up and surround myself with.
- I took a nap today. Even if I am too tired to function, if I take a nap longer than 20 minutes during the day, I have a hard time falling asleep at night.
- I drank a pepsi. After my too-long nap, I had a pepsi to shake that post-nap grogginess. It was 5:30...to close to bedtime for a pepsi.
- I'm hungry. I just realized I only had 2 oreos (double stuffed!) And half a serving of nasty, leftover mac & cheese for dinner, but I've already brushed my teeth. Oh, I guess I had most of an apple, too.
- My brain won't be quiet. Yesterday, I squished a spider with a shoe, but when I lifted the shoe, there was no spider on the shoe or wall. It will haunt me for days. I realized I forgot to hang the jeans I washed yesterday. I need to plan my prep for Women's Conference tomorrow morning.
Ok, I've got my hot rice bags, I ate two more cookies (butter cookies this time) and I've written this all down. Maybe I can sleep now. Goodnight!