Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cookies

I made cookies for the book club meeting I was hosting on Wednesday. I added a bit too much flour and so they are really dense, small, odd-shaped cookies, but you can't really go terribly wrong with butter, sugar, chocolate chips, eggs, baking powder, salt, and flour. I have a bag of the leftovers and joshua kept pointing to it and saying "I want this!" Naturally I figured he wanted a cookie. That's what most people would think, right? Well after he ate a cookie he kept pointing and exclaiming, so I asked if he wanted another cookie. "No." Ok....later I asked him again if he wanted a cookie (yes, I only feed my child cookies) and he said, "no, bread!" He hadn't wanted the cookies. The whole time he was wanting the piece of bread in the bag that was keeping the cookies soft. Go figure.

No comments: