Friday, August 27, 2010

Annual Tahoe Trip Post 5

Back at the house, the cousins played, Monkey avoided them, and we took evening walks, all surrounding meal times, which were fun experiences of "too many cooks in the kitchen" as usual.

One evening, all the girls took a walk (except Barbara, I think she was cooking or maybe out with Erik somewhere). Even Monkey came because she's a girl dog.

After the walk, Monkey crashed. We've never before or since been able to tire her out like we did that day. It was a day of playing on the beach, swimming in the water (which, remember, she hated), and going on a long evening walk.

One nice thing about Tahoe evenings is the sunsets. Every evening there are amazing purple and pink sunsets over the water. Again I wish my camera captured the color better, but you get the idea from this picture overlooking the Ranch.

Dave and I took a golf cart ride one evening right as the sun was almost down. We went to China Beach and took some great silhouette pictures. There's a tree that has fun branches for silhouette pictures there. We killed two birds with one stone and got some "belly" pictures, too. This is me at 18 weeks, and Dave's sympathy belly at 18 weeks:

It may seem that we don't spend any time with my grandparents while we're there. It's really not so. For some reason I just never get pictures with them while we're there. Goal for next year: Get more pictures of and with Grammy and Papa!

It was a whirlwind trip for Dave and me, and we needed another vacation when we got home, but I'm glad we have the opportunity to spend time with family at beautiful Lake Tahoe every year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty out there!!! And you look so dang cute with that little belly

Mike + Mo said...

I love cuddly tired puppies... why are doggies just the sweetest things?

Carrie said...

i love the sunset picture!!! it's soooooo pretty!

Jacob and Kalli Hiller said...

Is Dave going to go into sympathy labor too?