Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Whole Lot of Nothing

I go to my blog daily and read all the newly updated blogs listed in the right hand column of this blog. I love reading how people that I care about are doing. Daily I feel bummed that some people don't update their blogs very often. (I won't mention any names, but they're the ones at the bottoms of each list.) Then I remember that I don't blog often either, so I think about what I could blog about.

I think, and I think, and I think, and I think…and really there isn't much to blog about.

There's a whole lot of nothing happening in our lives right now. I go to work every week day, and spend every Saturday doing chores that I don't have time to do during the week. Dave is kept busy by the I.T. business. Sunday is spent at church, meetings, and usually Dave's parents' house for dinner.

So I decided to just make a mention of the small events in our lives (in no particular order):



  • We took Monkey on her first off-leash event a few weekends ago. She didn't take off, she loves playing fetch, and she's a super fast runner. Her attention span isn't very long though, so we have to keep treats in our pockets so she remembers to come back. I'm hoping to have her good enough off-leash to take her hiking when it gets warmer.

  • I cleaned out junk in our bedroom and living room that had accumulated over time. It's now all sitting on the dining room table. One of these days I'll get around to going through it.

  • Dave's birthday was on Monday. He turned _ _. ;-) Dave's parents took us out for dinner on Monday. I got him a box of 500 name brand Qtips and a bag of peanut M&Ms. (If you're thinking it's a lame present, you're wrong. It's awesome.)

  • Last week I hosted a "Stampin' Up!" party. It was really fun. I invited 35 people and about 7 showed up, which bummed me out a bit. We made some really cute cards.

  • I finally got my ring fixed. The people who resized it did a crappy job, so we talked to the owner of the place, and specifically said what was wrong with it, and he had it fixed for us. It's still not perfect, but it's a lot better.

  • I'm reading a book about leadership at work in our work book club. It's very insightful. The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell. Book clubs frustrate me a little bit because I like to think what I think about books, not what other people think about it. J It's good to hear other viewpoints on some things though.


That's all I have right now!

3 comments:

Mike + Mo said...

Sarah, I feel ya on this one. I wish I had things to blog about...

The Fleming Family said...

Having nothing to say means two things: 1-you don't have children that keep you incredibly busy and do weird/cute/funny stuff to blog about and 2-your life is going well. That is a huge blessing. Whenever things seem boring, mundane or slow I rejoice. It means everyone is healthy, happy and safe. So yes your blog is boring when nothing gets posted BUT I'm happy to know you are well. Love ya!
-Danielle

brenna said...

You could blog about how you keep running into us at random places...