Friday, February 19, 2010

Spring Snow!

February is a hard month for me. Spring is so close, yet so far away. I wish the groundhog would see his shadow less often. My freshman year, my friends Lisa and Rikke, and I went on a trip to San Diego over President's Day weekend. Every year around President's Day, I long for the warmth of San Diego, and I'm reminded of that trip.

Apparently our yard thinks it's spring already. The daffodils started coming up about a week or two ago. The tulips are now starting to come up, and the little crocuses are coming up now, too.

I'm excited for them to bloom! I just wish I got around from stealing the Irises from the house next door last fall.

Even though it snowed today, in honor of spring coming early to my garden, I decided to do some spring cleaning. That decision was helped along by some technical difficulties with our task manager program at work.

I did my semi-annual desk cleaning! I only cleaned the one side. I'll probably get to the other side next week, and I might even clean out some of the drawers. Next, however, I need to attack my email inbox--literally thousands of emails.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get my hair shaped/trimmed. I'm thinking of doing it something like this:

What do you think? (No, I won't be dying it blonde.) I'm open to suggestions, but I'm getting it cut tomorrow at noon, so you have until tomorrow at 11am.

2 comments:

Trina said...

Yeah, spring is not really in sight for us. I really doubt that anything is even starting to think about growing, under the foot of snow. I think spring is usually at least a month behind Utah, here.

Chelsea said...

Maybe you should come see me in Washington. When it's not raining, it's almost sixty degrees! I spent all afternoon outside yesterday in a short-sleeved shirt.
Be jealous!