Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Project Update #2

We weren't able to get a hold of a staple remover, but the owner of the furniture store where Dave used to work said that a flat-head screw driver and needle nose pliers work best. Yesterday evening after running an errand after work I had Dave find me a screw driver and needle nose pliers, then started destroying the couch! The screw driver was much easier than the hammer! There were still plenty of difficult staples though. I also found that it's easier to take out the skirt staples if the fabric above it isn't taught, so I sliced down the middle of the whole back! I got most of the back skirt off, the corners are going to be difficult since there are about a million staples. Here's a picture I took last night when my hands and arms were too tired to do any more:

I had to get a sheet to cover the back so Monkey doesn't get into the padding. I hope we have enough sheets to cover the couch while it's a work in progress. I've also decided that there's no way I'm going to be able to get all the staples out, so I'm just going to work on taking the skirt and ribbing off, then just cover the old fabric with the new if possible.

2 comments:

Michael + Molly said...

Sarah, yes I really do have that exact tea. and yes its to die for, no more nights spent wake stressing out cause I have to wake up in so many hours...

GooberDiva13 said...

yum, i'll have to go raid our tea aisle at smith's. :)