Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Toys

I am currently working on cleaning up and re-organizing Joshua's toys after the mayhem of house-guests for a month. I didn't really bother putting them away correctly while Joshua's cousins were here. It was hard enough just consolidating them in one area of the room they happened to be in. I bought some new boxes that fit the shelves and underneath the bed better and I combined some categoriess for better ease of clean-up. Here are the old vs. new categories (in list format for easy skimming or skipping if you don't care to read them):
Old -
Duplos (train set)
Duplos (blocks and people)
Cars (from the pixar movies)
Cars (all the others)
Stuffed animals box
Stuffed animals shelf
Fisher price set to play with
Other fisher price sets
Mega blocks
Train box
Other toys box
Other toys shelf (large toys)
Extra large toys around the room (rocking horse, rocking chair, box house)
Books shelf
Board books shelf
(You can really see the redundancy and unnecessary hassle added to clean-up, huh?)

New -
Duplos
Cars
Stuffed animals (one giant one will still need to be on the shelf or something)
Fisher price toys
Mega blocks
Train box
Other toys box
Other toys shelf (large toys)
Extra large toys around room (minus the box house which got taken to recycling today after a diarrhea incident today -- it was time anyway)
Books shelf
Board books shelf

Now the goal is to only have one box open at a time. I might make an allowance of two boxes open if there are friends or cousins over to play. I'll post pictures once I'm done putting everything away. I was actually posting this because of a cute thing that happened while I was cleaning, but then I got to blahblahblahing about toys, so there will be a second post about that.

No comments: