Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Child's Prayer

While I was cleaning up and re-organizing Joshua's toys (see previous post) I paused, kneeling on the rug, to think of what to do next. Next thing I know, Joshua is next to me on his knees, folding his arms and saying, with mumbles interspersed:
"Mommy daddy big boat today, mom, dad, boat, water, home, rocking horse, rocking chair, light, Jesus Christ, AMEN!"
It was the first time he has said more than just "Mumblemumble Jesus Christ, AMEN!" and it was super cute.
N.b.: We just got home from a cruise and we told him we were going to be on a big boat and printed out pictures of airplanes, hotels, boats, and us to play with while we were gone, so that's on his mind a lot right now. I'll post about the cruise at some point.

2 comments:

LisaBC said...

Cute! I can see at what point he opened his eyes and looked around for prompts. ;-)

Jacob and Kalli Hiller said...

Awwwww. Thanks for sharing that is really sweet.