Monday, August 15, 2011

Sink Chronicles: Where Did You Run Off To?

How is one supposed to keep up a routine if one doesn't have a routine life? Does anyone work 9 to 5 anymore? What happens when you go on vacation, say...to Lake Tahoe...again?

Well, I thought about bringing my sink shining supplies to my grandparents' house at Lake Tahoe, but I didn't know how they would feel about me shining their sink. Plus, it's kind of hard to keep a sink shiny when there is a house full of people who are used to putting their used dishes in the sink.

I tried hinting to my family members the first couple of days every time I put dishes into the dishwasher, saying things like "Hey, look! It's an empty dishwasher! what a great place to put my dirty dishes!" or "Look at this! This dirty dish fits RIGHT HERE in this dishwasher! AMAZING!" For some reason it didn't stick.

I didn't want to lose the habits I had created just because I was at someone else's house, so I tried to keep up with the things that I could. I brushed and flossed my teeth every night. I got up and ate breakfast and got dressed in the morning. I emptied the clean dishwasher in the morning. I tried to keep the kitchen cleaned up. I did Joshua's night routine (diaper, [bath], pjs, nurse, story, bedtime).

Well, now I'm back, and I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things and continue with the baby steps. Tomorrow is going to be Day 14! Dave cleaned off a few of my hot spots while I was out of town, so I'm hoping they'll remain cleaned off with my hot spot attacks.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

haha Good luck continuing the journey!! It seems fun!! =)