Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sink Chronicles: Day 4

Click here for today's assignment.

Day 4: Write These Things Down

Ok, the more I look into this site, the more it bugs me, honestly. I think the principles are good, but it's just a messy site and I find more and more typos and things that aren't explained well. Today's task is a good example of this. What exactly am I supposed to write where? It also says that this will become part of my "Control Journal" but doesn't explain what that is, nor does it have a link to anything. You'd think that a site about organizing would be more organized.

From what I understood that I was to do to day, building on the previous days, I was to add notes in the kitchen and bathroom to remind me to do the tasks from Day 1 and Day 2. I had a busy day running errands so I didn't get around to making notes until this evening, so I'll have to report on how they function on another day. One thing that I'm worried about is that they'll just become another piece of paper around my house.

I thought I wasn't receiving any emails all day today, but it's still my blackberry messed up. Like I said, I just got a "digest" version in one email daily, so I'm not swamped by millions of emails all day distracting me from what I'm doing and pulling me back to the computer.

There is a ton of stuff to read in the emails. They also include links to more reading material on the website. It's a bit overwhelming, but there's a note at the bottom of each one to remind readers that they're not supposed to feel behind, and just to jump in. The only problem with that is, that I'm still on "baby steps" and now I'm supposed to read these emails that have a full daily, weekly, and monthly schedule, with tips on how to do some of the things. Hmmm. They really need to figure out how to tailor their emails to where the people are in the program.

Not to be too negative, there are a lot of good ideas in the emails, and I've only read half of the first one so far! I'm excited to get to the point where I can implement more of the ideas from the emails. Now, I need to get off my tush, fold my laundry, then get on my nightly routine (including shining my sink!).

No comments: