Monday, July 18, 2011

So Cal and Vegas, Baby!


My cousin got married on May 7th in Redlands, CA. I also had a friend getting married on May 13th in Albuquerque, NM, with a reception the following weekend in Las Vegas, NV. I also have a bunch of friends in Vegas and NM. So I had a choice to make. I obviously couldn't go to all three of them (three road trips in three weeks, no thanks!) I figured family should come first, and I could make a stop in Vegas and see friends, including the one getting married, on the way.

So my brother Alex, little Joshua, and I (Dave had to work *sad face*) packed up the car on Thursday morning, and headed to Vegas. That night I had a blast chatting it up with girls I love, while Alex did homework. Friday morning I hit up my favorite store EVER (H&M) for some new clothes (hadn't bought any new clothes - except maternity clothes - since the last time I was there...two years ago).

Then we headed down to California. We got there in time for dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's house, and had a delicious dinner made by Aunt Emiko: Rice, spring rolls, and orange chicken (was it orange? sesame? sweet and sour?...it was delicious).

Alex, my dad, Joshua, and I shared a hotel room in Redlands that night and hop-skip-and-a-jump-ed over to the Redlands Temple in the morning for Cynthia's wedding. I stayed in the waiting room while Joshua screamed slept peacefully during the ceremony. After the luncheon, we all crashed for a bit on couches until the reception that evening where Joshua got passed around from relative to relative during the festivities. We left early from the reception, which is unusual for us - we're usually the first to come and last to leave, but Joshua had been patient enough with us keeping him up way past his bedtime already.

Sunday morning we packed up, went to Sacrament meeting, and then drove all the way home. The last half of the drive was peppered with screaming Joshua (he wasn't a fan of the changes in altitude), and then a torrential downfall of rain, so the drive home was longer than planned, but we all made it home in one piece...physically.

I came home to a spotless house with a bouquet of flowers and a stack of girl scout cookies on the table - happy mother's day! (best. gift. ever.)

No comments: