Friday, October 26, 2012

Out Sick

This week I was supposed to be packing up stuff that we don't use very often so we can start moving in a week. Turns out I've spent the whole week in bed. Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but only a bit. Thursday afternoon (last week) I started getting that weird feeling in my nose/throat that signaled the oncoming cold. I thought, "oh man, not another cold, i've only been over my previous one for a week...how annoying." Friday I woke up to a huge sinus headache. I mean I hurt from my teeth, through my sinuses, and my eyes, all the way back through my head and down my neck and shoulders. Neither ibuprofen nor tylenol made a dent in the pain. Friday night I woke up in the middle of the night and the left side of my head felt normal and the right side of my head still had the full pain. It is so strange to have half a headache.
Unfortunately Joshua has it, too. He has been a trooper though and hasn't been as terrible as he could be through this. Most of the day he hangs out with me in bed (watching Cars, Thomas, or Chuck the truck and friends [that's not what it is really called...can't think of the name right now]) or sitting in my lap playing with my phone. He still runs around part of the day playing with his cars, train, fire truck, and dump trucks though, too. I just watch him and wonder where he gets all that energy from.
So sinus pressure, post nasal drip, sore throat, and it also comes with a lack of appetite. I struggle to force myself to eat 2 meals per day. Joshua's been a peach about eating, too. If I can get him to eat more than a half banana, two yogurts, and some juice for the whole day, I consider it a good day. I mean full-on tantrums when it's meal time. He eats better for Dave, but Dave just can't be home for all the meals of the day. A couple days I filled his sippy with half eggnog, half milk, hoping he'd get some extra protein and calories from that.
Every night I think that I will feel better in the morning. Here's another night of hoping that's true!

No comments: