I just had my 28 week doctor appointment. Basically my OB knows about as much about this condition as I do, since it’s so rare (1 in 4000 births or something). She said she saw a case of it in her residency, but none since. So here are the updates:
1. I still may need to deliver up at the U of U hospital to be close to Primary Children’s, but the Perinatologist hasn’t gotten back to me nor my doctor about what the Neonatologist said about that.
2. This condition is sometimes related to Down Syndrome, so they may want to do an Amniocentesis on me, but there’s really no point to finding out, because either way they can’t do anything about Down Syndrome.
3. Nothing else in the ultrasound 3 weeks ago looked abnormal.
4. I have to wait until my Tuesday appointment with the Perinatologist to find anything else out.
5. I have to do my glucose test this week or next week. I might do it tomorrow morning before breakfast.
6. I'm now on a 2 week appointment schedule.