Thursday, June 16, 2011

Homes

I had the opportunity of going to a few of the parade of homes today with a friend. I'm definitely planning on going to all of them next year with Dave. It's so fun to look at average houses, super green houses, and ueber expensive houses. The only problem is that whenever I look at something and think, "oooh, I like that" you can almost always guarantee that Dave is looking at it and thinking, "ewww, I hate that." So someday when we have oodles of money and want to build our dream home, we'll probably have to have his and hers houses so we can both be happy with the design.

Here are some quick snapshots I got with my phone camera:

This is a master bathroom, believe it or not...the first door on the right was the shower, tub, toilet, counters, etc. Then there was a closet in the second door, storage and a little bench on the left (perfect for putting shoes on!) and at the end of the hall...can you guess?...my friend and I both thought this was a brilliant idea...it's a nursery! Probably the quietest area of the house, still close enough to the bedroom to be accessible in the middle of the night but far enough away that everyone can sleep well. Brilliant idea. And when you don't need a nursery anymore it can be a little reading room sanctuary or something.


This is the master bedroom of that same house. I just liked the window above the bed.


Again the same house, this is a cute little reading nook at the top of the stairs. Wonderful idea.


Ok, so turns out I just took a lot of pictures of the same house (the super "green" house). These were bamboo wood floors and I really liked the way the dark wood was set in the light wood in that pattern. Simple, yet enough to make it interesting.


This is just an inspiration piece. I like the way they used smaller glass tiles to separate the tile from the carpet. I'm not sure if I'd pick those tiles, but something similar would be nice.


Finally, here's a great view from a $1.5 Million house we went through. It had a ton of windows and lofty ceilings. There was so much natural light even all the way down into the basement. This was also a really nice house but I didn't get any pictures of the house itself. Next year...next year...

2 comments:

Lisa~ said...

The first picture reminds me of the apartment we went to church in this morning. There was a china cabinet and hutch in a niche in the entry hall. In Chelsea's hallway, one side is built-in floor to ceiling cabinets with shelves inside, where they keep their shoes. :-) Yeah, you REALLY don't want to wear shoes into your house if you live in China! My feet are getting used to being barefoot without arch supports since we are home almost all the time. I keep a small stool in the entry hall to use when putting on my shoes, so the bench idea is a useful one.
The picture of a window above the bed reminds me of what we had planned for our bedroom, but our current plan is to install bigger windows on that wall and keep the bed on the opposite wall. What do you think of that?
I LOVE bamboo made into things, especially floors! The dark pattern makds it look kinda like there are area rugs. :-)

Maggie & Nate said...

beautiful pics!!! :0)