Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day/1st Day of School

Yesterday was officially my first paid holiday. Granted, I got off early for graduation in August, but that was only 2 1/2 hours of paid time off. Yesterday I got to spend the whole day doing whatever I wanted, and I got paid for it! I started off by sleeping in until 10. Well, I slept until 8 or so, then just laid in bed until 10. Then I got up, poured myself some grape nuts, and watched Notting Hill until 12:30. After my oh-so-productive morning, I washed 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom counter/sinks and mirror, changed the fish water, moved the fish to the kitchen window sill (nestled among the leaves of a plant, so it's like it has its own jungle river niche!), and changed the bedsheets.

Today, however, I had to go to work again. Wo is me. Today was also the first day of school for Dave...but not for me. Usually at this time of the year I start having anxiety dreams about starting school. Not that I'm scared, it's just an exciting/stressful event. This is the first September since I was 4 years old that I haven't had school. One would think that the dreams would cease. Alas, they still come. I dream constantly that I actually DID sign up for a class, and I go and various odd things happen, as they tend to do in dreams. This morning, I woke up at 5:00am and couldn't go back to sleep until 6:00am. My alarm was set for 6:30am. In that half-hour early morning nap I had yet another dream. It wasn't about me starting school, but school starting was still present in that dream. Maybe I'm just nervous for Dave to be starting school. Best of luck to him and everyone else beginning the Fall 2008 semester.

2 comments:

The Fleming Family said...

I know. I check this one too. I just like to have good reading. lol. :-)
And yes, September is the BEST month for birthdays!! I wouldnt change my bday if I could!
23...ah! Im in my mid 20s! Wow. That goes WAY fast!
-Danielle

Chelsea said...

It's like 7 miles to my work. I figure I can do that in about an hour. If not, I'll be either incredibly early or incredibly late. ;) It's pretty flat the whole way here and there, so that will be nice. I'm just worried about someone stealing the fuzzy cover for my bike seat... or my basket. I will have to bring them inside with me.